Accounting Manager Job
Date: Jul 18, 2014
Location: New Hope, Minnesota, United States
Company: Liberty Diversified
Liberty Diversified International is comprised of nine companies competing in three core markets, and is one of the largest privately held companies in the Midwest. We seek to invest in companies that share our values, have outstanding people, display growth potential in their respective markets, and realize benefit from our shared services.
Our diverse family of companies spans key markets, including paper and packaging, building products and workplace environments, and precision machining.
For nearly 100 years, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager will supervise the staff of accountants and AP/Payroll team. They are responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation; financial reporting and year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with the Executives and Division Controllers, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
• Knowledge of accounting and financial management principles and concepts
• Understanding of internal control practices
• Proficient in business and financial systems software
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to influence and persuade others
• Ability to present financial information
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines is required
• Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills is required
• Overseeing month end
• Managing year-end audit
• Supporting budgeting and forecasting activities
• Ensuring the financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP
• Ensuring that proper financial internal controls are being followed
• Monitoring financial systems and recommending methods for improvement
• Leading a team of accounting professionals including Financial Accountants and Payroll/AP team
• Building and maintaining relationships with the divisions of LDI
• Completing special projects and analysis as required by Management
• Being a part of the decision making team
• Involved in mergers & acquisitions
• Implementing and supporting process changes
• BA/BS in accounting, CPA required
• Minimum of 5-years accounting and leadership experience
• Public accounting experience required
• Private industry and international accounting experience a plus
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements will be considered. No relocation. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Job Location: New Hope, Minnesota, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Manager, M&A, Management